Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh 3D...



Now I know I seem to be bringing 3D up a lot lately, but the fact of the matter is, it is like the next new big thing - only not that new, nor that great, nor that big, just kinda... okay.

Regardless, it yet another misuse of 3D, the picture above is from the Cowboys Stadium, in which all fans were given 3D glasses to experience "feeling like you're right in the game"... while watching the game. Ha!

Now don't get me wrong, I understand the push for the technology is relentless, but who really thought this was a good idea?! Wearing 3D glasses may give a little bit of nausea-inducing depth to their huge television, but at a cost of what you may ask? Watching the very game in front of you!

The problem with technology, is that sometimes it fails to realize that it too has specific purposes. In many cases it tries to bring the "real-life" effect to non real life activities (I am still working on my impending haptic technologies write-up). Yet bringing "real-life" to real life?! This just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

If the technology were implemented without a need for glasses (thus allowing for simultaneous watching of the actual game - actually live right in front of you) then I would have considered this idea somewhat respectable.)

But alas, after six minutes of booing fans, maybe HDLogix learned this the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment